Choosing the best SEO company plays a big role in anyone's online marketing efforts, but with so many search engine specialists and services out there, it's harder and harder for small and medium-sized businesses to find a service that really meets their needs. Much of the time, it's like comparing apples and oranges - each company promises to make a big difference to search engine rankings, so how can a business know they are really getting the search engine optimization services that can make a difference?
The success and failure of your SEO company choice will depend on a few key factors:
- The company's experience. The ideal search engine optimization service provider will have ability not only with search engine optimization, but also marketing, website design, and other relevant services. This will mean a business can get more of their marketing needs met, and a service provider with a range of skills is more likely to know all the little factors that can affect search engine optimization success.
- The company's approach to SEO. The best companies know that it's not just about getting your company to the number one page on Google. They know that it's also about brand image and making search engine optimization efforts fit in nicely with other marketing efforts. A good professional, of course, will not use black-hat-SEO practices that will cause trouble and will not take a cookie-cutter approach to every project.
- The company's industry experience. Getting a law firm online is very different from launching a website for a teen fashion line. Ideally, a SEO service provider will have proven successes in the same field and will understand that industry intuitively.
- The company's attitude about the importance of search engine ranking. What is the point of getting to the very top of Google search engine rankings? Sometimes, companies get so caught up in trying to get to Page One that they miss their real goals - which are to generate product buzz and make sales. A good SEO company will ask the right questions and will help a business get on track towards their real goals.
- The SEO service's prices. Going way over budget is not the path to success - and paying rock-bottom prices to get poor quality services is also a great way to head towards failure.
- The service provider's communication system. A good team of professionals will answer your questions and be able to speak about the specific action steps needed to reach goals. If a professional is making vague statements about search engine optimization that could have been swiped from the Internet and then is going MIA when needed, it's time to run.
- The SEO expert's own online presence. Would you trust a dentist with terrible teeth? What about a hairstylist with a mullet? No? Then why trust a search engine optimization service provider without a great brand image online?